[annotator-dev] Usernames and groups

Robert Sanderson azaroth42 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 15:49:10 UTC 2013

I agree with Randall.  If an Annotation (or any web resource) requires
authentication and/or authorization, then it cannot be meaningfully
federated except within systems protected by that same auth system.

As soon as something is federated outside of its home domain, no amount of
description of ACLs, users, groups and permissions will prevent a system
from ignoring all of it and just making it openly available.

The answer is, clearly, don't do that then :) and just allow annotations to
be either open and federated, or private in a single, trusted location.

Rob