[annotator-dev] Branching v2.0.x

Robert Casties casties at mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Oct 30 09:11:23 UTC 2013

On 30.10.13 09:22, Nick Stenning wrote:
>> I would like to propose that maintenance fixes only land on v1.2.x.
>> We should make a release there shortly with anything that's landed
>> since the last tag.
>>
>> We should aim to land Nick's WIP branch on v2.0.x.
>
> Agreed, but this now leaves us with three branches -- master, v1.2.x and
> v2.0.x. I think we only need two at any one time, and my preference
> would be to fork v1.2.x immediately after releasing 1.2.8, and then
> merge in the wip branch and have master become the unstable 2.0.x
> development branch.

I would prefer this solution too since its what I would assume from a
development project - checkout trunk at your own peril - but maybe I'm
just old school ;-)

>> I wanted a way to start landing changes upstream without worrying
>> about v1.2.x compatibility. That way we don't have to land the WIP
>> branch with tons of other changes and call it v2.0.0 immediately. We
>> can iterate to v2.0.0 but things can be landed instead of staying on
>> side branches indefinitely.

Great, keep the new stuff coming.

Cheers
	Robert

--
Dr. Robert Casties -- Information Technology Group
Max Planck Institute for the History of Science