[annotator-dev] issues working against master

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Fri Apr 11 18:12:52 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Steph Skardal <steph at endpoint.com> wrote:

> In my use case, I present the UI based on the annotation, but then I need
> to retrieve / format data entered in the UI to formatted annotation data
> after the user has modified the UI. My UI doesn't directly translate to the
> annotation object, so I have to have hooks to convert data to the UI and
> convert values in the UI to data before the annotation is stored. Sorry if
> that's not clear, maybe a diagram would be better :)
>
> Steph

How many representations are needed?

The way you've described it almost sounds like three:
1) Stored
2) In memory, for annotator
3) In memory, for your UI

How often do you have to go back and forth between 2 and 3? Whenever the
edit button is clicked, the editor is saved, etc? Before or after the
annotation is shown in a viewer?

Does annotator.editor.subscribe('save') help?