[annotator-dev] packaging plugins

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Wed Apr 23 05:43:50 UTC 2014

I haven't done an npm publish from it yet, but in theory it would work.

The thing that's most notable and least intuitive (needs documentation) is
the browserify plugin shipping with annotator now. Using `browserify -p
annotator` causes any require calls for "annotator" will resolve to a
namespace shim that will find annotator in AMD, CommonJS, or the global
scope.

See the Makefile in annotator-annotateit for a complete command line which
builds the plugin bundle the same way the core plugins are built, which
results in a UMD module that should work in any environment.