[annotator-dev] Annotating a pdf rendered using pdfjs with annotator

María Teresa Chávez materechm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 23:40:29 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to do the following using annotator, and
if you could give me advice on where to start from, as I am new to
annotator and js.

Embed the PDF using pdf.js (done). Overlay some annotations. The
annotations follow a simple JSON format with three fields:

{
  "anchor": "some text to anchor to",
  "text": "the annotation text",
  "type": "flag"
}

Anchor is the text used to position the annotation, text is some text to
show, and type is the kind of annotation. Display the annotations on top of
the pdf. There should be an "Add Annotation" button, which lets users add
annotations to selected text.