[annotator-dev] How to bypass AnnotateIt and use local storage

David Fox dvdfox at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 13:41:20 UTC 2014

Hi Randall,

Thanks very much for your response. It is now writing to my Elasticsearch
instance, though I think this just raised about a dozen more questions for
me regarding the Auth plugin. I've turned it off for now. Here's where I
ended up:

jQuery(function ($)
{
    $('#content').annotator().annotator('setupPlugins',
    {},
    {
        Auth: false,
        Store:
        {
            prefix: 'http://localhost:5000',
            annotationData:
            {
                'uri': 'http://localhost/test'
            },
            loadFromSearch:
            {
                'limit': 20,
                'uri': 'http://localhost/test'
            },
            urls:
            {
                create: '/annotations',
                update: '/annotations/:id',
                destroy: '/annotations/:id',
                search: '/search'
            }
        }
    }).data('annotator');
});

If I want to add another plugin - do I follow the same method by just
adding it after Store and overriding the default settings?

Again, thank you - I was very happy to see my annotations in the database.
Very cool.

David

--David