[annotator-dev] Hide annotator and reload annotations

Steph Skardal steph at endpoint.com
Thu Feb 13 16:23:11 UTC 2014

On 02/13/2014 11:06 AM, Riccardo Tasso wrote:
> Can't I destroy all the objects related to annotator as if I never
> loaded it? This could be associated to the "off" button of my
> application.
> The "on" button will be associated to annotator loading, as if it was
> created for the first time.

It does look like there is an annotator destroy method:
https://github.com/berkmancenter/h2o/blob/master/public/javascripts/annotator-full.js#L979,
in which case I would store your annotations before using this method
and reload them upon clicking the "on" button. Of course this is just
what I would do (untested), and my use case was a bit different.

Steph