[annotator-dev] Hide annotator and reload annotations

Steph Skardal steph at endpoint.com
Thu Feb 13 16:56:00 UTC 2014

On 02/13/2014 11:44 AM, Riccardo Tasso wrote:
> I don't know how to invoke it :)

Hmm, I invoked annotator functionality inside my plugin. Do you have a
plugin set up? If you set up a plugin based on the documentation, in the
scope of a plugin, "this" is the plugin and "this.annotator" is the
annotator object, and I think you could invoke via
this.annotator.destroy(). Your plugin could contain the on & off toggle
and you could access the annotator in those methods.

I'm not an expert on binding scope in JavaScript, so my work involved
experimentation and console debugging to see what objects were
available, but I did get familiar with accessing the annotator through
the plugin.

Hope that helps.

Steph