[annotator-dev] colored notes

Keith Fahlgren abdelazer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 17:47:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

I think Steph communicated exactly the same mental model that I have:

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Steph Skardal <steph at endpoint.com> wrote:
> For my particular project, we have a specific set of ~20 colors that are
> allowed to be used. A color is tied to a keyword/tag.

In this model, the color is "just" a visual presentation of a label
(implicit or explicit), and it's important that label stay attached as
metadata to the annotation. I could imagine one client capturing a
green annotation that meant "Key Point" (meaningful a label from the
system) being presented as the words "Key Point" in a TTS client, for
example.

Keith