[annotator-dev] annotator and authentication

Graham Hukill ghukill at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 21:04:13 UTC 2014

Randall,

Thank you so much for your response.

>  > I've poked around a bit, seen the g.user field, defined by MockUser
> function, etc. etc.  I'm just wondering what a low barrier option for
> passing a username to this would be, aka, where I can catch a request.form
> variable and associate it.
>
> The consumer class determines the user id from the auth token in the
> X-Annotator-Auth-Token header. The user class, like MockUser, ties this id
> to your user data.

This is where I was stuck for the majority of the time, figuring out how
client-side user information was passed back to the annotator-store.  I
noticed quite a bit later that run.py has notes in it about utilizing
sessions or headers to catch this information.  I ended up passing this
information via a cookie I already had established, but this sounds like a
good, if not better, option.

Thank you again,
Graham