[annotator-dev] About the future of the Range implementation

Kristof Csillag csillag at hypothes.is
Wed Jun 11 15:18:40 UTC 2014

Hi all,

As some of you already know, currently I am working on separating all
the anchoring-related work that which Annotator does (both in the
Upstream version, both in the Hypothes.is fork) into a separate library,
which Annotator and other projects could use, but which can be developed
independently.

As a part of this problem, I need to have the current Range
implementation (BrowserRange, NormalizedRange, SerializedRange) in that
library, too.

How would you feel like releasing this part (the Range implementation)
as a separate NPM package, so that it can be plugged in easily wherever
we need it?

   Kristof