[annotator-dev] Switch to JavaScript?

Andrew - FinalsClub andrew at finalsclub.org
Thu Jun 19 14:17:38 UTC 2014

Hey Randall,

I am a fan of vanilla JS over Coffeescript but wonder if this really adds much value at this point, particularly while in the midst of finalizing the first packaged release of Annotator 2.0.

If we compile all our current code to vanilla JS using something like js2coffee.org, that process will still require someone to spend considerable time cleaning up the resulting JS code.

Would we be better served for the time being by adding a few examples to the documentation showing both vanilla JS and Coffeescript side-by-side with some guidelines about how someone could write either style and submit a plugin, patch, or PR?

Also, @Nick, I still have to bug you about recording a live coding video for annotatorJS.org.  Stay tuned.

Warmly,
Andrew