[annotator-dev] Switch to JavaScript?

Kristof Csillag csillag at hypothes.is
Thu Jun 19 16:06:53 UTC 2014

When considering billable time, consider this:

Either you are contributing to an existing module / plugin / object /
function / whatever,
or you or building something new.

If you are building something new, like a new Annotator plugin, you can
already build in JS, so CS is not needed at all.

If you are contributing to an existing module, then you have a working
Coffee environment; you only have to copy the syntax you see all around
you. (The semantics is JS.) So I would say that it means at most +20%
time at first, which quickly (in 1-2 weeks) goes down to zero.

Of course, YMMV.

   Kristof