[annotator-dev] What goes in the Store - Create, Update and Search links?

Francis donshakespeare at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 05:22:46 UTC 2014

Okay great folks. Six months later, I was hoping some maturity might enable
me to understand your documentation on using annotator. So I have come back.
I am now able to set up my users to annotate, while storing the entries on
my annotate account. I have a token generator nicely in place, that works
great.
But now I wish to store the annotations on my server.... If you assist me,
I'll be most appreciative...

Questions:

1. I am using the huge JWT file that you have in the annotate demo, is
there a smaller version than http://annotatorjs.org/demo/jwt.js ? Do I even
need all that's inside of it?

2.    I can not figure out what  the  Store Plugin wants me to do...
   Store: {
                     prefix: '/anno',
                     annotationData: {
                      'uri': 'http://localhost/anno/an.php'},
                     loadFromSearch: {
                      'limit': 20,
                      'uri': 'http://localhost/anno/an.php'},
                     showViewPermissionsCheckbox: false,
                     showEditPermissionsCheckbox: false,
                     urls: {
                        create:  '/annotations',
                        read:    '/annotations/:id',
                        update:  '/annotations/:id',
                        destroy: '/annotations/:id',
                        search:  '/annotations'
                      }

                  }

The create, read objects, have links, I have figured as much, but I don't
know what to put in the files they are supposed to link to or even what
extension they are supposed to be.
I am sure these files run the POST and GET commands and whatnot.

This page
http://docs.annotatorjs.org/en/latest/storage.html#storage-implementations
has left curly brackets in my eyes for the past 5 hours.
How do I read this?

create
method: POST
path: /annotations
receives: an annotation object, sent with Content-Type: application/json
returns: 303 SEE OTHER redirect to the appropriate read endpoint
Example:

$ curl -i -X POST \
       -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
       -d '{"text": "Annotation text"}' \