[annotator-dev] How to install annotator

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Tue May 13 21:09:23 UTC 2014

Welcome, Davide!

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Davide Suraci <icarused at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to install annotator with authentication process (for me is very
> important that annotations are only from user-authenticated).

Yes. Happy to!

> Can anyone suggest to me steps for proper installation and configuration?

You should grab a release of Annotator, probably the latest stable release,
v1.2.9.

https://github.com/openannotation/annotator/releases/tag/v1.2.9

Then read through the Getting Started, Authentication, and Storage sections
of the documentation.

http://docs.annotatorjs.org/en/latest/

Let us know if you have any questions, or can suggest improvements to the
documentation.
Keep track of what goes wrong and right, and we can try to make this easier
for the next person!