[annotator-dev] Store endpoint question

Rick rmercer33 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 04:48:41 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I've been struggling to understand how the store API's are called in
annotator 1.2.9

I found that when a POST endpoint returns {"id":"xyz"} the PUT and DELETE
endpoints are called with the expected pattern, /api/annotator/:id.

When POST returns {"_id":"xyz"}, then the PUT and DELETE endpoints are
called with the pattern /api/annotator.

So, now I know to have POST return {"id":"xyz}.

But, in the case where I attempt to update an annotation that has been
loaded from the store using the store plugin loadFromSearch option, the PUT
does not use the /api/annotator/:id pattern.

I hope this is clear.

I'm using mongodb. Mongo creates an id called '_id' and there is no 'id'
field in the annotation and I wonder if this is why the /api/annotator/:id
pattern is not used for PUT.

Does the annotation require and 'id' field?

Thanks for your input on this.

Rick