[annotator-dev] Yet Another Store Implementation (Ruby/Rails)

King'ori J. Maina j at kingori.co
Tue Oct 14 14:04:22 UTC 2014

Hello,

I’m working on Ruby/Rails powered Annotator storage implementation for Annotator using the Core storage <http://docs.annotatorjs.org/en/latest/storage/index.html#core-storage-api> and search <http://docs.annotatorjs.org/en/latest/storage/index.html#search-api> API documentation as guides. Seems to be going well so far (though I have a question for the core team at the end of this email).

Unlike the other implementations, it will be built as a Rails engine therefore it’s not a full app but something you can plug into your Rails app to implement a store with some basic configuration i.e. setting the mount point etc.

You can find it open sourced on GitHub at itsmrwave/annotator-store <https://github.com/itsmrwave/annotator-store>. It’s my intention to document as much of it as possible and answer any questions. It’s still too early to use but I’ll keep posting updates … at the moment, I might need some support in regards to understanding how best to build the store.

That said … for now, I have one question. Why does the plugin make an OPTIONS request to the store? This isn’t in the docs.

— King’ori Maina (kingori.co <http://kingori.co/>)