[annotator-dev] Open Annotation support in Annotator

Greg Pendlebury greg.pendlebury at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 20:57:57 UTC 2014

Random 2c contribution. Is there something wrong with allowing both?

{ "oa:annotatedBy" : {"dc:id" : "http://server.net/people/handle",
"foaf:nick" : "handle" } }

I'm making up field names there, but the structure is what I mean. We do
this because the annotation is meant to be a digital object unto itself and
we would like it to carry all the data required to degrade gracefully at
display time.

If it ends up in a UI that understands the ID component we can be very rich
in our display, but other UIs can at least put a simple string literal on
screen.

Ta,
Greg