[annotator-dev] Open Annotation support in Annotator

Robert Sanderson azaroth42 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 23:33:06 UTC 2014

A note about the progress and a couple of decisions we made on this...

* We have a working implementation by wrapping Storage for creating OA
compatible JSON-LD.

* For the user discussion, we decided to require any auth modules to pass
through the information that it needs, rather than trying to map everything
from an internal format.  So the auth module would send {"@id": "...",
"foaf:nick" : "..."} rather than just a string.  If that object includes a
"@context" key, then it can define additional properties beyond those of
foaf and so forth.

* For the selectors, we did the same.  The current annotator object becomes
an annotator:XPathRangeSelector, and at the same time a
oa:TextQuoteSelector with all of the properties of both available.  Thus it
also has its own @context specified.

Our next step is to reverse the process so we can read annotations back out.

Best,

Rob & Randall

--
Rob Sanderson