[annotator-dev] Integrating with Moodle for collaborative PDF annotation?

Andrew Magliozzi andrew at finalsclub.org
Wed Oct 29 22:19:53 UTC 2014

Hi Hari,

Great question.  If you're a professor, you may want to talk to the folks
at MIT who made Annotation Studio, a website using Annotator that allows
students to collaboratively annotate documents.  I've cc'd Jamie and Kurt,
the project leads on Ann-Studio, here too.

I helped them a little with PDF conversion too.  If you're willing to use
something other than Moodle, Annotation-Studio is going to be your best bet.

Good luck,
Andrew

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Hari Kumar <hkumar at amherst.edu> wrote:

>  Hi everyone,
>
>  I’m looking to use annotatorjs for collaborative PDF annotation within
> Moodle. The use case is for college courses where an instructor uploads PDF
> readings into a Moodle course and asks students to collaboratively annotate
> the readings according to various criteria. For example, students could add
> a comment or question on a specific page of the PDF (such as at a paragraph
> or on a chart) and respond to other marked up comments in the PDF.
>
>  Does anyone know if there is an annotatorjs plugin for Moodle and/or PDF
> annotation? Has anyone worked on such a plugin or use case?
>
>  Thanks! Take care,
> hari
>

> *— hari stephen kumar Instructional Designer *Academic Technology Services
> Amherst College
> 413-542-2578
> Twitter: @hariteach

Andrew Magliozzi
Founder
*FinalsClub Foundation*
*www.KarmaNotes.org <http://www.KarmaNotes.org>*

T - 617-575-9369
E - Andrew at FinalsClub.org

FinalsClub exists thanks to funding from the William and Flora Hewlett
Foundation and generous scholars like you.