[annotator-dev] annotation categorization

Ben Leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Sep 26 17:19:33 UTC 2014

Hello annotators,
I'm wondering if anyone has advice or experience with including some sort of annotation category or type for their various annotations.
For example, someone might highlight a word and provide a translation for it in another language which would be different than providing a spelling correction and very different than providing a citation.

I've thought about overloading the tags to provide a constrained vocabulary of categories that the annotator selects from, but I'd actually like to use the tags to select values rather than categories. Perhaps that means I need yet another tag/combobox area for the type of value being provided.

Any ideas appreciated - thanks!
-ben