[annotator-dev] AnnotatorJs on iFrame

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Wed Feb 4 05:47:17 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 2:08 AM, Gianpaolo Trotta <
gianpaolo.trotta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.

Hello, Gianpaolo.

> I use readiumJS to read ebook.
> I would annotate this ebook but ebook viewer is in an iFrame.
> I add js and css annotator's files in head of iFrame but annotator doesn't
> work maybe because

> annotator-touch-hide"></div>
>
> are in the document of html container page and not in the document of
> iFrame.

I'm not aware of any reason why this should happen if you put the scripts
in the iframe head.

> The annotator js file is minified and so i can't modify it.

The un-minified version can be found here:
https://github.com/openannotation/annotator/blob/v1.2.9/pkg/annotator.js

If you determine the cause I'd be glad to help fix it.

Even a simple test case, perhaps an example html page with an iframe in it
and no other scripts beside annotator would help to reproduce and see what
is happening.