[annotator-dev] Annotator Community Call July 2015

Benjamin Young bigbluehat at hypothes.is
Fri Jul 24 20:12:27 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Here are the notes I took during this months community call:
https://hackpad.com/Annotator-Community-Call-July-2015-vqcmMVTN7Y1

I'll get them posted to the site soon. If you see anything that needs
fixing, feel free to update the hackpad or respond to this email...or both!
:D

Thanks for everyone who made it to the call!
Benjamin

Annotator Community Call July 2015

*Agenda:*

   - Licensing

   - Apache Foundation

   - Annotator Docs

   - Anything Else?

Attendees:

   - Chris Birk

   - Randall Leeds

   - Sumeet Sandhu

   - Jack Park

   - Benjamin Young

*Licensing:*

   - +1 from everyone on the call for moving to Apache License 2.0

   - *Action:* Randall to start the GitHub issue.

*Apache Foundation:*

   - Debating when to start this...

   - grow contributor list first?

   - get 2.0 out first?

   - who's still here and willing to join and work as a contributor?

*Community Health:*

   - move from CoffeeScript to JavaScript was a great help!

   - issues need organizing and pruning by Nick & Randall

   - so folks know what to work on

   - finding 2.0 core contributors

   - who's using 2.0?

   - Sumeet

   - Chris

   - ...others...

   - Benjamin sent a survey to the annotator-dev@ list

   - Randall feedback from users who are using 2.0

   - Randall feels Annotator could be a "demo" of the annotation parts
   (highlighting, selecting, commenting, etc).

   - can we encourage the creation and (possible) integration of small
   parts?

   - should we promote these various parts under the AnnotatorJS banner?

*Annotator Docs:*

*Action:* Randall to draw rough picture of Annotator's 2.0 extensibility
and where these various smaller.

*Anything Else?*

   - Sumeet to post questions about image annotation to annotator-dev@

   - Benjamin to contact Dinesh about Annotator work going on in Bangalore