[annotator-dev] To Web Annotation (from Annotator 2.x)

Ben Leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 30 16:51:35 UTC 2015

I’m more familiar with the Open Annotation model and RDF than I am with this Web Annotation model and JSON-LD direction (news to me today, in fact). But they seem conceptually interchangeable.

The XPath-y selectors could be added to your model using oa:FragmentSelector and some #xpointer(/my/path/to/something) value.
http://www.openannotation.org/spec/core/specific.html#FragmentSelector
I agree that the model is lacking when the quote of an annotation spans different elements and may require an additional property to specify which of (potentially multiple) oa:FragmentSelectors should be used for the start and end of the selection.

Have you tried shoehorning the into/out of oa:FragmentSelectors?
-ben