[annotator-dev] Proposal: License Simplification

Benjamin Young bigbluehat at hypothes.is
Thu Jun 18 18:35:30 UTC 2015

The Apache Software Foundation--if we make it that far--will require
"everyone" to sign that iCLA as part of the incubation process.

There's no reason for us to sign that now--as the ASF won't care 'cause
we're not in incubation yet.

We *could* sign that with a different entity attributed...but then we'd
have to sort out what entity...or set one up.

I'm glad you brought this up, Jack. :) It is an important thing to be clear
on.

I'd recommend at this point we stay the course we've set:
Getting all known contributors "signed off" via a GitHub issue for the
license change from "MIT or GPL" to the more clearly defined (and prepped
for the future) Apache License 2.0.

Sound OK? :)

One hurdle at a time, I guess. ^_^