[annotator-dev] Implementing REST APIs for store plugin vs handing storage on events

Apurva Jalit apurva.jalit at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:30:58 UTC 2015

Hello,
I am trying to provide annotation functionality  through a chrome extension
and I wish to preserve these annotations. The documentation suggests
creating some REST APIs on a server to preserve these annotations in a self
hosted server. I am very new to web development and don't understand in
depth the REST API creation and have been facing problem implementing
those. I am using MVC .NET with C# as the backend. Any help to create REST
APIs is also welcome.

But currently, I am just wondering if instead of these APIs through storage
plugin can I make ajax calls to fetch and save annotations through events
like "annotation created"? Are there enough events for all the operations
that have to be performed through REST APIs? What are these events? Are
there in cons using this approach?

Thanks,
Apurva Jalit