[annotator-dev] Struggling to integrate plugin with v1.2.10

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Thu Mar 26 21:42:39 UTC 2015

I was trying not to assume the presence of an editor in the sense that
Annotator was originally design with.

Similar to how you've made your own adder, someone might wish to not be
bound by the assumptions of the built-in editor and the flows it
participates in.

Putting these in showEditor assumes that the editor is shown and hidden
exactly once with a complete annotation cycle. That's still sort of the
case now, but only if you are using onAdderClick.

It's tough to know exactly what to do here. This is why the master branch
has removed a lot of this in order to allow anyone to wire up the
components and events as needed for their use case.

Could you open an issue on the openannotation/annotator github project and
just summarize and link to this thread:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.annotator/1379

Thanks! We'll come up with something. If you have more suggestions, spew
them here.