[annotator-dev] Update on 2.x Roadmap?

Randall Leeds randall at bleeds.info
Tue Feb 2 05:07:22 UTC 2016

I would like to finish 2.0 and I made a weak attempt to get the issues in
order at least describing what I'd like to see.

However, I'm not funded to work on Annotator right now and I can't speak to
the commitment of other folks.

Annotator could really use a new champion or two. There's been a lot of
interest in using it but very few people stepping up to contribute.

If there's anything I can do to make that easier I'd love to bring more
contributors up to speed.

I'm sorry that's not really an answer, but just ask the information as it
appears to me.

I believe 2.0, even in its current state, may be a better place to put your
effort if you're looking to leverage the npm ecosystem through
browserify/webpack, simply because the CommonJS structure should allow you
to cannibalize the internals more easily, but if that's not important to
you then 1.2.x may work just as well. However, I don't expect to make any
more releases on the 1.2.x branch.