[annotator-dev] Recap Call Sunday June 19, 2016

Oliver Sauter oli at worldbrain.io
Sun Jun 19 20:59:30 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

we just had our hangout. Benjamin, Randall, Rob, Dinesh and me took part.
You can watch the video of our chat here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J64-O14dr9E <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J64-O14dr9E>

Short recap of the main points.

We were unified about the notion that AnnotatorJS should develop a collection of libraries that enable annotation related projects to build their own workflows. This stands in contrast to the idea of creating a framework for which developers can build add-ons and modifications of a core software.
We agreed on that in order to support innovation and spread of annotation related tools for different use cases, going for a set of libraries seems to be the best way.

What’s next?
We want to gather a list of all libraries that are already available either integrated our outside of the different projects like Hypothes.is <http://hypothes.is/>, AnnotatorJS etc. With that we want to assess which will be the most useful to work on and can agree together on a roadmap moving forward. To collect these libraries, I opened up a new sheet on our existing google spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MJkr_vca9Eg9Y7h9Y-niMFwG3NzDuc5pVFhEfjRDpk8/edit#gid=50180609 <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MJkr_vca9Eg9Y7h9Y-niMFwG3NzDuc5pVFhEfjRDpk8/edit#gid=50180609>
Randall and Ben are going to open up an issue on GitHub to lay out their concrete ideas and arguments on moving forward with this project.
Have a good sunday!
Best,
Oliver

Oliver Sauter
Founder WorldBrain - Verifying the Internet with Science

FON: +49 171 5323694
MAIL: oli at worldbrain.io <mailto:oli at worldbrain.io>
WEB: http://www.worldbrain.io <http://www.worldbrain.io/>
FB: RealWorldBrain <http://facebook.com/realworldbrain>