[annotator-dev] [DRAFT at 2] Apache Incubator Proposal

Benjamin Young byoung at bigbluehat.com
Thu Jun 9 14:54:27 UTC 2016

Hey Robert!

Great questions. It's really up to us--those interested in the ASF process, proposal, thing--to decide what gets built. The current #1 idea is just a core we all share and something that would be most widely useful. There's no reason we need to stop there however.

The actual proposal to the ASF mentions more than that, in fact:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/AnnotatorProposal

In the "Initial Source" section there's some additional ideas around Web Annotation Protocol server code and certainly there's a host of Annotator 1.2.x and even some Annotator 2.x code we could work from.

Mostly, we need to determine who is interested and available to be part of this process, and what they have and would like to contribute.

Certainly anything on that list is a good candidate!

Thoughts?
Benjamin