[annotator-dev] [DRAFT at 2] Apache Incubator Proposal

Benjamin Young byoung at bigbluehat.com
Tue May 31 14:52:34 UTC 2016

Thanks for the input everyone!

I’ve begun the actual proposal process at the ASF:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201605.mbox/%3CCY1PR0601MB1643A5AE6ED5C54BE3EB2055B2460%40CY1PR0601MB1643.namprd06.prod.outlook.com%3E
Short URL: http://bit.ly/1PfRtWu

Discussion now happens among the Incubator Project Management Committee—on that list. You’re welcome to subscribe and follow along. Mostly, we’re looking for ~3 mentors and a handful of +1’s to move on to the voting stage:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html#Establishment

Once voting completes, then we’ll be a genuine “Podling” and be setup with various infrastructure to get the community setup within the ASF. Then…we be us at the ASF for about 3-6 months, prove we’re “healthy” (i.e. can collaborate real good), and if we can prove that, we become a “top level” ASF project. Huzzah! :)

I’ll keep everyone posted here, but feel free to follow along on the incubator list if you care to.

Cheers!
Benjamin
--
http://bigbluehat.com/