[annotator-dev] Using annotator locally?

Benjamin Young byoung at bigbluehat.com
Fri Oct 7 17:32:30 UTC 2016

Hey John,

Thanks for writing!

This is not currently something that Annotator is built to do, but in the 2.x system there is pluggable storage system that could possible serve in this case.

That said, it’s probably a better fit to have that “compilation” (HTML + annotations = more HTML ;) ) made “last” (at the authors discretion) via a “Save As…” options or some such. The code would keep the annotation separately, perhaps in localStorage or PouchDB [1] and then “materialize” the lot of it as HTML when requested.

Also, I’m CCing the Apache Annotator (incubating) mailing list where activity is gradually re-growing around this and other annotation related code. I’d love to have you join us there!

Hope that’s helpful!

Benjamin

--
http://bigbluehat.com/