[annotator-dev] Plugin for PDF

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:56:15 UTC 2016

Hello Feng,

The Hypothesis client code has a plugin that provides PDF support
using PDF.js - see
https://github.com/hypothesis/client/blob/master/h/static/scripts/annotator/plugin/pdf.coffee

I will add a caveat that although the Hypothesis client currently uses
an (old) build of Annotator 1.2 for its annotation client, we are
gradually replacing Annotator plugins with smaller, self-contained
modules that can be used in any environment. Going forwards we will be
developing our PDF support, hopefully in a way that other people can
re-use, but it probably won't be in the form of an Annotator plugin.

Kind Regards,
Rob.