[Apps4d-Buero] 2 coole statements von 2 open data VIPs...

Anke Domscheit-Berg (opengov.me) adb at opengov.me
Wed Nov 2 18:47:26 GMT 2011

Freue mich sehr, Euch jetzt schon 2 tolle statements von internationalen
super-experten rechtzeitig zum start zur verfügung stellen zu können!
Mit der zeit werden es mehr werden :-) Das ist auch immer gutes futter
für die medien.

And here we are:

1. Tim Berners Lee, Erfinder des World Wide Web (plus ein weiteres Label
- da warte ich noch auf seine Rückmeldung, aber vorr. mit Bezug auf
data.gov.uk - was seine Idee war)

"In the UK, with clear request from the very top levels,
with dedicated people working within government,
with strong support from academic and non-profit sides, there has
been a major shift toward Open Government Data as the default.

Spending data has made the workings of government much clearer to
journalists and citizens, encouraging citzen engagement in the process
and in democracy. Logistical and geospatial data has it more efficient
to run a company. Data on the performance of schools and hospitals has
helped people chose where to live, and of course provided publicly
visible feedback to the managers .. and so on.

The US and UK governments have competed in an informal race to get the
data out, and to reap the benefits.

We welcome Germany joining that race, for Germany's sake but also
because we know that as more countries provide data about more things,
so we all will get a picture of the state of the whole world, a picture
which is very important in this crucial era."

2. Jose M. Alonso, Program Manager, Open Data, World Wide Web Foundation"

"We have seen the number of Open Government Data initiatives increasing
from 2 to nearly 200 in less than three years. The benefits of these
programs are just starting to be realized: from increased transparency
and accountability to economic growth and job creation and improved
government efficiency and effectiveness. We hope this is a trend that
cannot be reversed as it provides the means for a much needed change on
the way governments and their constituencies relate, allowing a two-way
interaction and, in the end, improving people's lives. It's crucially
important to take all the challenges into account and address them
properly for those initiatives to become a successful success over time
and for the people at large to enjoy the aforementioned benefits.
Germany interest in joining the Open Data movement should not but add to
the greater impact of Open Data worldwide and will help to provide more
examples on how to address those challenges and reap those benefits."

lg
anke