[Apps4d-Buero] Apps4De

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Mon Nov 7 17:25:55 GMT 2011

Hi Maria,

ich glaub das sind die Zitate. Anke kann vielleicht noch mal drüber
schauen, oder haben wir die Zitate sonst irgendwo zusammengetragen?

Daniel

Neelie Kroes, European Commission Vice-President for the Digital Agenda

"Open public data benefits everybody - and more and more public
authorities across Europe are recognising this and opening up. The
recent EU Open Data Challenge showed innovative applications using
these data - made by citizens, for citizens. By demonstrating the
usefulness of open data, competitions like this can increase
awareness, stimulate innovation, and boost European competitiveness. I
am delighted that Germany is joining the movement towards open
government data!"

Tim Berners Lee, W3C Consortium and Advisor of the UK Government on
Linked Open data

"In the UK, with clear request from the very top levels, with
dedicated people working within government,
with strong support from academic and non-profit sides, there has been
a major shift toward Open Government Data as the default.

Spending data has made the workings of government much clearer to
journalists and citizens, encouraging citzen engagement in the process
and in democracy. Logistical and geospatial data has made it more
efficient to run a company. Data on the performance of schools and
hospitals has helped people chose where to live, and of course
provided publicly visible feedback to the managers .. and so on.

The US and UK governments have competed in an informal race to get the
data out, and to reap the benefits.

We welcome Germany joining that race, for Germany's sake but also
because we know that as more countries provide data about more things,
so we all will get a picture of the state of the whole world, a
picture which is very important in this crucial era."

Andrew Stott, UK Transparency Board and former Director of data.gov.uk

"It's great to see the launch of Apps Fur Deutschland, with three
federal agencies, Berlin and Bremen leading the way in contributing
open data and with the opportunity for developers to show politicians,
officials and the public new and innovative ways to generate economic
and social value from open government data."

Jose M. Alonso, Program Manager, Open Data, World Wide Web Foundation"

"We have seen the number of Open Government Data initiatives
increasing from 2 to nearly 200 in less than three years. The benefits
of these programs are just starting to be realized: from increased
transparency and accountability to economic growth and job creation
and improved government efficiency and effectiveness. We hope this is
a trend that cannot be reversed as it provides the means for a much
needed change on the way governments and their constituencies relate,
allowing a two-way interaction and, in the end, improving people's
lives. It's crucially important to take all the challenges into
account and address them properly for those initiatives to become a
successful success over time and for the people at large to enjoy the
aforementioned benefits. Germany interest in joining the Open Data
movement should not but add to the greater impact of Open Data
worldwide and will help to provide more examples on how to address
those challenges and reap those benefits."

--

Daniel Dietrich

The Open Knowledge Foundation
www.okfn.org - www.opendefinition.org