[Bibjson-dev] BibJSON Goals

Mark MacGillivray mark at cottagelabs.com
Thu Jun 2 14:45:07 UTC 2011

Couple of things to point out:

when converting from BibJSON -> BibTex -> BibJSON as Peter mentioned,
you would not actually get vaild BibTex out - e.g. there would be
things in there that are not BibTex. Because we are embedding metadata
in the first object of the list, and that metadata will include things
we introduce in BibJSON such as "namespaces", it would not strictly be
BibTex. We could drop this metadata in a conversion to BibTex, but of
course then we could not convert back into BibJSON without losing
content. Just something to keep in mind when describing conversions
from one type to another like this.

The word add-on sounds nice - if it is already there then should be a
good idea to grab metadata from it.

Not sure what the web service part was actually referring to but yes
as Sam says using jQuery allows us to build some nice tools for people
to pass metadata into our bibsoup. This is why I am interested in
building the BibServer front end in javascript, even if it secondary
to python running a front end.

Mark