[Bibjson-dev] first post

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Fri May 27 14:10:10 UTC 2011

Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> I "announced" BibJSON at the JISC Discovery meeting yesterday and it seemed
> to take off immediately. It was tweeted (and I suggest that you read
> #ukdiscovery to get reactions).

What exactly is the url intended?

> Also recording at:
> http://johnpopham.wordpress.com/my-live-video-channel/ukdiscovery-conference-26th-may-2011/start
> 39.30 lasts 18 mins, and also quite a lot of PMR on panel afterwards.

I'm getting a "Page not found" from that URL. Please can you check url?

> People started to look at BibJSON almost immediately so we need to update pages to reflect

Right. Whose task is this? Where are the pages to be maintained?
I started a BKN/BibJSON FAQ page in Google Docs.
I'm glad to help with content but do not want to be dealing with server admin and version control.
I would be glad to see  http://www.bibkn.org/bibjson/index.html
ported to a new location suitable for update and version control. For that matter,  it would be best if
www.bibkn.org were taken over by this group for sys admin and OKF assisted in some way with the maintenance.
I did have a very bad experience of OKF using an Amazon EC2 which got totally trashed.
What server should we be using for current BibJSON and BibServer project displays?

--Jim

Jim Pitman
Director, Bibliographic Knowledge Network Project
http://www.bibkn.org/

Professor of Statistics and Mathematics
University of California
367 Evans Hall # 3860