[Bibjson-dev] BibServer update

Mark MacGillivray mark.macgillivray at okfn.org
Mon Sep 19 23:46:52 UTC 2011

Hi all,

We have been continuing work on BibServer, and it is now at the stage
where we have our example up and running at bibsoup.net, and can take
BibTex or JSON / BibJSON files as upload, and can provide JSON /
BibJSON output.

Here is a blog post with some more details of current situation:

http://bibserver.okfn.org/2011/09/19/bibjson-in-and-out-of-bibserver/

So, it is about time to start specifying the BibJSON a bit more, to
show what it takes to make JSON into BibJSON. I end the blog post with
a couple of questions re. authors and links - feedback as comments
would be appreciated!

Also note, there are already some errors I need to fix, and
undoubtedly more we do not know about, so please use the issue tracker
(linked from bibsoup.net) if you want to report any particular
problems you encounter.

Mark