[ciência aberta] [OFF-TOPIC] job: running Twitter/FB feeds about academia and Open Access

Raniere Silva ra092767 em ime.unicamp.br
Sábado Agosto 30 13:31:34 UTC 2014

----- Forwarded message from Marcin Wojnarski <mwojnars em ns.onet.pl> -----

Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 22:48:55 +0200
From: Marcin Wojnarski <mwojnars em ns.onet.pl>
Subject: [R2RC Forum] job: running Twitter/FB feeds about academia and Open Access

Hi Everyone!

Here, on R2RC Forum, we are all fans of Open Access and want OA to grow fast.
There are different ways to support OA movement: you can teach students at
your university about OA; you can advocate for institutional OA mandates;
or... you can use social media to reach out to global community of scholars
and tell them how Open Access benefits authors, readers and scholarly
community as a whole.

Last year in Berlin, I told some of you about Paperity (www.paperity.org
<http://www.paperity.org>): a multi-disciplinary aggregator of OA papers that
will help all scientists - from different countries and different fields -
easily access open literature from thousands of journals, all in one place.
Paperity will launch soon, and for this reason we're looking for someone -
preferably a PhD student - who's passionate about Open Access and who'd like
to share his/her passion with the world by writing (sharing, retweeting)
interesting posts on Paperity's FB & Twitter profiles: posts about OA,
science, academia... to attract and engage scholars, especially early-career
researchers (25-35 yrs old), to build the community and help them discover the
true potential of openness.

If you think you're a good fit for this kind of job, or you know somebody who
is, please write to me on priv, as soon as possible. The candidate should
possess good communication skills, have passion for science and be familiar
with social media (experience with FB & Twitter is a must). Note that -
although we're short on budget - we want to pay for this job and we're hoping
for a long-term cooperation. The job will be part-time. It will be great fun
and an excellent work experience, especially for someone interested in
scientific communication and OA.

Best regards,
Marcin

--