[ciência aberta] "A Quarter-Century as an Open Access Publisher"

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini em gmail.com
Terça Junho 24 16:10:44 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Charles Bailey <digitalscholarshippress em gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Subject: [BOAI] "A Quarter-Century as an Open Access Publisher"
To: boai-forum em ecs.soton.ac.uk

"A Quarter-Century as an Open Access Publisher"

The first open access journals were published in the late 1980s and early
1990s, and academic libraries were part of the movement from the beginning.
In 1989, I established The Public-Access Computer Systems Review, an open
access journal published by the University of Houston Libraries. In 1996, I
established the Scholarly Electronic Publishing Bibliography, an OA digital
book also published by the UH Libraries through 1996. It was updated 80
times through 2011. In 2005, I established Digital Scholarship, which has
published OA digital books, weblogs, other types of OA documents, and
low-cost paperbacks.

"A Quarter-Century as an Open Access Publisher" briefly recounts this
personal history of open access publishing.

bit.ly/1meLwIK

For a look at other early OA journals, see the volume 2, number 1 (1991)
issue of the The Public-Access Computer Systems Review:

bit.ly/1peVlJR

Best Regards,
Charles

Charles W. Bailey, Jr.