[ciência aberta] Fwd: MozFest, launches, libraries and ORCID - Thurs, Oct 9 (11ET)

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini em gmail.com
Quarta Outubro 8 12:36:36 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Kaitlin Thaney" <kaitlin em mozillafoundation.org>
Date: Oct 8, 2014 8:35 AM
Subject: MozFest, launches, libraries and ORCID - Thurs, Oct 9 (11ET)

Hi all,

We're back *tomorrow* (October 9) with this month's Science Lab community
call. The call kicks off at 11 ET. Dial in information can be found below.

This month, we’re pleased to introduce the launch of our forum
<http://forum.mozillascience.org/> – please join us there anytime, to find
out about upcoming events, get involved in one of our many open projects,
or discuss all things open science with the community. We’ll be pointing
out a few topics of interest, and as always, taking your feedback on how we
can make this project even better.

Also landing this month – the project formerly known as Interdisciplinary
Programming
<http://mozillascience.org/bringing-researchers-and-developers-together-a-call-for-proposals/>
is ready for launch as the Science Lab’s contributorship pilot program!
Announced at Strange Loop and LXJS last year by Angelina Fabbro
<https://twitter.com/hopefulcyborg> and Bill Mills
<https://twitter.com/billdoesphysics>, this initiative to build routes for
designers, developers and researchers to work together on open science has
evolved into the Mozilla Science Lab’s first pilot study on collaboration
in the community. We’ll be hearing from Brian Bot
<https://twitter.com/BrianMBot> of Sage Bionetworks <http://sagebase.org/>,
one of the science teams participating in this project, on what they’ve
learned as an organization participating at the intersection of science and
software development, and from Bill on what’s on offer at this program’s
launch.

If that wasn’t enough announcements, MozFest
<http://2014.mozillafestival.org/> is only 16 days away!  Mozilla’s annual
festival in London, is where passionate thinkers and inventors come
together to learn from one another and engage in a conversation about how
the web can do more, and do better. The Science Lab will be there hosting
the Science & the Web track – we have dozens of sessions examining the
potential of the open web to re-define how we experiment, analyze and share
scientific knowledge, and we hope you’ll join us for this exciting and
interactive event. Joining us on the Science Lab call this month will be
Knight-Mozilla fellow  Aure Moser <http://aureliamoser.com/>, discussing
her session on the future of computing for librarians, and ORCID’s own Laura
Paglione <https://orcid.org/blogs/laura-paglione>, discussing her session
on building a badging framework for scientists.

Have an update, blog post or event you’d like to share relevant to open
science? Add it to the etherpad
<https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-calls-oct9-2014> :
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-calls-oct9-2014
We hope you'll join us this Thursday,
KT

========

   - Phone Number: +1 800 707 2533, password 369

   - Room code (conference number): *7677*

   - Note:  you can call the 1-800 number free of charge using Skype or
   other VoIP clients

   - If you are getting a busy signal, you can try these (non-free) phone
   numbers (+ the room code 7677):

   - CA/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, extension 92

   - UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, extension 92

   - FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, extension 92

   - CA/Vancouver: +1 778 785-1540, extension 92

   - US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, extension 92

   - US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, extension 92

   - US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, extension 92

--
Kaitlin Thaney
Director, Mozilla Science Lab