[ciência aberta]Harvard diz que não pode pagar preços de revistas

Everton Zanella Alvarenga tom em okfn.org.br
Segunda Outubro 13 13:26:38 UTC 2014

"More than 10,000 academics have already joined a boycott of Elsevier
<http://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/apr/09/frustrated-blogpost-boycott-scientific-journals?guni=Article:in%20body%20link&guni=Article:in%20body%20link>,
the huge Dutch publisher, in protest at its journal pricing and access
policies." [...]

"Robert Darnton, director of Harvard Library told the Guardian: "I hope
that other universities will take similar action. We all face the same
paradox. We faculty do the research, write the papers, referee papers by
other researchers, serve on editorial boards, all of it for free … and then
we buy back the results of our labour at outrageous prices."'

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/apr/24/harvard-university-journal-publishers-prices
Ainda bem que no Brasil a gente é rico, né?

10.000 acadêmicos juntarem-se? Sociedade cilvil *organizada*. :)

Tom

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
Open Knowledge Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre