[ciência aberta] Bringing researchers closer together - Sept. 11, 11:05 ET

Raniere Silva ra092767 em ime.unicamp.br
Segunda Setembro 8 20:58:51 UTC 2014

Desculpem se já receberam.

----- Forwarded message from Kaitlin Thaney <kaitlin em mozillafoundation.org> -----

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 16:54:36 -0400
From: Kaitlin Thaney <kaitlin em mozillafoundation.org>
To: "open-science em lists.okfn.org" <open-science em lists.okfn.org>
Subject: [open-science] Bringing researchers closer together - Sept. 11, 11:05 ET

Hi all,

We're back *this Thursday* (September 11) with our next Science Lab community call. Please note: we'll be starting the call 5 minutes after 11 ET, to pay respects to the the moment of silence for 9/11.

On this month’s call we’ll be talking about events recent and upcoming that are bringing the open research community closer together. We’ll begin by introducing our new lead developer, Abby Cabunoc and our new community manager, Bill Mills, who have been working hard the past few weeks to reach out and understand how to build the Science Lab that best serves you. Abby and Bill just got back from the NCEAS Codefest, which was a huge success; we’ll hear from them on what they worked on and what they learned about where the community can go next.
Also from Codefest, we’ll be hearing from Kara Woo on a new paper, slated for journal submission, on how to enter the open  science community. There were tons of contributions to this discussion at Codefest, the results of which can be seen (and contributed to!) here. We’d love to hear your thoughts on this project and will be opening the floor for questions and comments after Kara walks us through it.

We’ll also be hearing from Leslie Chan (Univ. Toronto) and Angela Okune (iHub Research) on their work on the Open and Collaborative Science in Development Network, a new open science network focused on the global south. The team has an active call for proposal open, and will be telling us a bit more about what they’re looking for, and what problems they’re seeking to address.

Dial in information can be found below, as well as in this etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-calls-sep11-2014

Also, have an update, blog post, project or event to share with the open research community? Add it to the etherpad! https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-calls-sep11-2014

We hope you'll join us this Thursday,
KT

========

Phone Number: +1 800 707 2533, password 369
Room code (conference number): 7677
Note:  you can call the 1-800 number free of charge using Skype or other VoIP clients

If you are getting a busy signal, you can try these (non-free) phone numbers (+ the room code 7677):
CA/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, extension 92
UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, extension 92
FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, extension 92
CA/Vancouver: +1 778 785-1540, extension 92
US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, extension 92
US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, extension 92
US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, extension 92

--
Kaitlin Thaney
Director, Mozilla Science Lab