[ciência aberta] Fwd: UN report on Copyright policy and the right to science and culture

Sarita Albagli sarita.albagli em gmail.com
Sábado Março 14 14:54:11 UTC 2015

Caros

Notícia circulada por colega que participa da OCSDnet, Rede de Pesquisa
sobre Ciência Aberta no Desenvolvimento, que congrega projetos recém
aprovados com o apoio do IDRC, inclusive o nosso projeto Ibict-OKBr
https://pt.wikiversity.org/wiki/Pesquisa:Ci%C3%AAncia_Aberta_Ubatuba.

abs
Sarita

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Florence Piron <florence.piron em com.ulaval.ca>
Date: 2015-03-14 11:33 GMT-03:00
Subject: UN report on Copyright policy and the right to science and culture

 Dear all,

Wonderful news for our open science movement! A new UN report recommending
Open access, ways of protecting the right to science, creative commons
licences, etc. and daring to criticize the intellectual property paradigm
at the heart of the knowledge economy OECD discourse (very different from
the UNESCO knowledge society discourse). This report shows a good
understanding of the situation in developing countries. I am very happy! I
am sending you this report in different languages for distribution in your
networks. I have already shared it with my African and Haitian colleagues
and I am sending an op-ed about it to newspapers in Quebec. Good news are
not so frequent... Especially in Canada these days...

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/CulturalRights/Pages/impactofintellectualproperty.aspx

Farida Shaheed, The Special Rapporteur on cultural rights for UN has
decided to devote her next thematic report to the Human Rights Council
(March 2015) to the issue of the impact of intellectual property regimes on
the enjoyment of right to science and culture, as enshrined in particular
in article 15 of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and
Cultural Rights.

More precisely, she intends to address the impact of intellectual property
regimes on the right of people to enjoy and access cultural heritage;
access by everyone without discrimination to the benefits of science and
its applications, including scientific knowledge, technology, and
opportunities to contribute to the scientific enterprise; the freedom
indispensable for scientific research, including access of researchers to
scientific information and advances, as well as collaborative work;
artistic freedoms and the right of people to access, contribute to and
enjoy the arts; and the rights of indigenous peoples and local communities.

The Special Rapporteur also wishes to address the challenges regarding the
implementation of the right of everyone to benefit from the protection of
the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or
artistic production of which he or she is the author. She is interested in
learning more about the concrete obstacles met by authors, creators and
inventors, such as scientists and artists, to enjoy this right.

See the report
<http://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/CulturalRights/Pages/AnnualReports.aspx>