[ciência aberta] Fwd: [geict:2027] Fwd: STS researchers: please share your online data collection practices

Jean Carlos Santos jeancarloscid em gmail.com
Segunda Maio 11 16:33:57 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marko Monteiro <carambolsp em gmail.com>
Date: 2015-05-11 12:33 GMT-03:00
Subject: [geict:2027] Fwd: STS researchers: please share your online data
collection practices
To: geict em googlegroups.com

Jean,  Daniela, Vinicius e cia
---------- Mensagem encaminhada ----------
De: "Katie Shilton" <katherine.shilton em gmail.com>
Data: 11/05/2015 11:57
Assunto: STS researchers: please share your online data collection practices
Para: <STSGRAD em googlegroups.com>

Dear all,
A team of researchers from the College of Information Studies at the
University of Maryland are currently conducting a study of researchers’
attitudes toward, and practices in, collecting and analyzing large sets of
online user data. From our own interactions and conversations at
conferences and workshops, we believe now is a critical time to evaluate
the intersection of online user data, research methods, and ethical
concerns, and we need your help!
If you are someone who works with online data as part of your research
(e.g., surveys, A/B testing, text mining, NLP), we'd love your help. We’ve
created a survey that will ask you about your practices and beliefs about
this type of research, as well as the challenges you have experienced when
collecting and/or analyzing data.

To be taken to the consent form for the study, click this link:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2093908/OnlineData-Ethics-Study. (If the
hyperlink is not active, try copying and pasting the link into your
browser: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2093908/OnlineData-Ethics-Study).

The survey should take 15-20 minutes to complete and we do not ask you to
provide any directly identifying information. We thank you in advance for
helping us—and the larger research community—to address this challenge.

Sincerely,
Katie Shilton, PhD
Jessica Vitak, PhD
Zahra Ashktorab
http://ischool.umd.edu

Note: You must currently be a doctoral student/postdoc, research scientist,
faculty member, industry researcher, or in a field/organization/position
that involves research with online data (broadly speaking). You must also
be at least 18 years old.

You can view archived STSGRAD messages at
http://groups.google.com/group/STSGRAD

---
"STSGRAD" group.
email to stsgrad+unsubscribe em googlegroups.com.

Você recebeu essa mensagem porque está inscrito no grupo "GEICT - Grupo de
Estudos Interdisciplinares em Ciência e Tecnologia" dos Grupos do Google.
Para cancelar inscrição nesse grupo e parar de receber e-mails dele, envie
Para postar nesse grupo, envie um e-mail para geict em googlegroups.com.
Acesse esse grupo em http://groups.google.com/group/geict.
Para mais opções, acesse https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
*Jean Carlos Ferreira dos Santos*
Doutorando em Política Científica e Tecnológica (Unicamp-DPCT)