[ciência aberta] Fwd: [OpenCon] News from the Open Access Button: Open Data Button helps people find, request and share data

Iara Vidal iaravidalps em gmail.com
Terça Março 8 18:14:14 UTC 2016

Olá,

A equipe responsável pelo Open Access Button (https://openaccessbutton.org/)
lançou ontem o Open Data Button, iniciativa para facilitar o
compartilhamento de dados abertos. Seguem abaixo os detalhes sobre a nova
ferramenta.

Abraços,
Iara Vidal
Doutoranda / PhD Student
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1360-6127
http://iaravps.wordpress.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chealsye Bowley <chealsye em gmail.com>
Date: 2016-03-07 12:59 GMT-03:00
Subject: [OpenCon] News from the Open Access Button: Open Data Button helps
people find, request and share data
To: opencon-discussion-list em googlegroups.com

Hi Friends,

This week we’re happy to release our beta of the Open Data Button. The tool
enables users to find and request data while making it easy for authors to
share. You can download the button today at OpenDataButton.org
<http://www.opendatabutton.org>. If you can spare a few minutes, we’d love
your help spreading the word about the launch.

What the Open Data Button does

The Open Data Button helps users get access to research data that is
already online or request that data be made accessible. When a user wants
access to the data behind a paper, they can make a request via the app. The
app will then see if the data is already available online, and if not, it
will contact the author and invite them to make their research data openly
available through the Center for Open Science’s Open Science Framework
<https://osf.io/>. Once a dataset is delivered, the author will be rewarded
with an Open Data Badge
<https://osf.io/tvyxz/wiki/1.%20View%20the%20Badges/> to recognise their
efforts.

Beyond making individual datasets available, the Open Data Button will also
support systemic change. The Open Data Button will track and map user
stories that can be searched, linked to, and embedded in order to support
storytelling based advocacy. Advocates for open research data will be able
to use the data and stories to campaign for systematic change that will
benefit everyone.

Every request made through the Open Data Button will be public, with its
status indicated. We believe researchers should share their data—especially
when the public pays to create it—and the Open Data Button will create more
accountability in this area. Research communities can help make particular
datasets accessible by signing up to support a request. Those supporting a
specific request will then receive a copy of the data once it’s made
available.

You can find more information about the beta in our press release
<https://openaccessbutton.org/blog/open-data-button-is-here>.

How you can help

We need you to help share the Open Data Button in your community and give
us the crucial feedback we need to improve the tool. Help us by:

   -

   Retweet/Share our announcement Tweet
   <https://twitter.com/OA_Button/status/706865695699505152> and Facebook
   post
   <https://www.facebook.com/openaccessbutton/photos/a.1435537689999644.1073741828.1408227582730655/1705564796330264/?type=3&theater>
   -

   Explore the site and the tool, and give us feedback and ideas

Finally, we wanted to thank the OpenCon community for it’s constant support
in the past. We hope this isn’t the first piece of good news we’ll be
posting over the next few weeks.

Our best, Chealsye Bowley

On behalf of the Open Access Button team
<https://openaccessbutton.org/about#team>