[ciência aberta] Fwd: [OpenCon] Open Education Global Conference 2017

Iara Vidal iaravidalps em gmail.com
Terça Outubro 4 21:31:58 UTC 2016

Repassando...
Iara Vidal
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1360-6127
http://iaravps.wordpress.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Megan Beckett <megan em siyavula.com>
Date: 2016-09-28 3:36 GMT-03:00
Subject: [OpenCon] Open Education Global Conference 2017
To: opencon-discussion-list em googlegroups.com
Cc: Glenda Cox <glenda.cox em uct.ac.za>

Hi all

The Global Open Education Conference 2017 will be in Cape Town, South
Africa next year. Come join in, learn, share, and also see our beautiful
city! :)

More info below (and special rates for South Africans!)
Thanks

The Open Education Global Conference is where the world meets to discuss
how opening education helps us achieve universal access, equity, innovation
and opportunity in education. The OE Global conference is the most
internationally diverse conference devoted exclusively to *open education*,
attracting researchers, practitioners, policy makers, educators and
students from more than 35 countries around the world.

Open Education Global 2017 Conference will be held in *Cape Town, South
Africa on March 08-10* (http://conference.oeconsortium.org/2017/) There
will be a pre-conference workshop introducing interested participants to
Open Education (7 March 2017). We strongly encourage teachers to attend
this workshop and the conference.

The 2017 Open Education Global Conference is co-organized by the University
of Cape Town and the Open Education Consortium.  The University of Cape
Town is a recognized leader in sharing and promoting educational materials
openly, and is particularly noted for leading research into the impacts of
open education for development.  The Open Education Consortium is a network
of nearly 300 institutions worldwide committed to creating a more equitable
and innovative future for education through open practices.

The theme of the Open Education Global 2017 Conference is *Open for
Participation*. We welcome all proposals concerning taking an open approach
in education. This includes formal and non-formal education; primary,
secondary and higher education; open educational practices, projects,
policies, research, collaborations and impact; open data, open access, open
science, open organizations, open source software, etc. We are open to your
ideas!

*Key Dates:*

   - Call for Proposals Opens: 16 June 2016
   - Submissions Due: 17 October 2016
   - Acceptance Announcements: week of 12 December 2016
   - Speaker Registration Deadline: 10 February 2017
   - Early Bird Registration Deadline: 31 January 2017
   - Standard Registration Deadline: 28 February 2017

*Past conference attendees most liked:*

   - International diversity
   - Networking opportunities
   - Quality of Presentations and Action Labs

*“Beyond my expectations. I was really excited about how elevated the
conversations were.”“I was most positively surprised with the high quality,
global approach and invited speakers.”“I was hugely impressed with the
interesting and thought-provoking presentations and workshops.”“Great
opportunities to network during breaks, lunches, receptions.”*

For more information, visit: http://conference.oeconsortium.org/2017/ or
email conference em oeconsortium.org

--
*Megan Beckett*

*Education Technologist: Research and Analytics*
Siyavula Education (Pty) Ltd.
www.siyavula.com

Twitter: MeganBeckett2 <https://twitter.com/MeganBeckett2>
Skype: megan-beckett
Blog: meganbeckett.wordpress.com

--
OpenCon is empowering the next generation to advance Open Access, Open Data
and Open Education. This group is for participants of the conference and

New to the list? Say hello: http://bit.ly/SayHelloToOpenCon. Your first
post will be moderated (only because otherwise we get spam).
OpenCon code of conduct: opencon2015.org/code_of_conduct

Want even more? Check out our other community initiatives:
OpenCon2015.org/community
---
"OpenCon Discussion List" group.
email to opencon-discussion-list+unsubscribe em googlegroups.com.
googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/opencon-discussion-list.
msgid/opencon-discussion-list/CAERVxkO6vsWtv6q7zbHhYTtNd%
2BBFpTFaZzjW2UFjQ%2BZnnh27DA%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencon-discussion-list/CAERVxkO6vsWtv6q7zbHhYTtNd%2BBFpTFaZzjW2UFjQ%2BZnnh27DA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.