[ciência aberta] Radical Open Access Collective

Bia Martins bia.martins em gmail.com
Quinta Outubro 26 21:46:49 UTC 2017

Compartilhando...

We’d like to share with you the new Radical Open Access Collective website,
which has just launched:

<http://radicaloa.co.uk>
<http://radicaloa.disruptivemedia.org.uk/>

Formed in 2015, the Radical OA Collective is a community of scholar-led,
not-for-profit presses, journals and other open access projects in the
humanities and social sciences. We represent an alternative open access
ecosystem and seek to create a different future for open access, one based
on experimenting with not-for-profit and scholar-led approaches to
publishing. You can read more about the philosophy behind the collective
here: http://radicaloa.disruptivemedia.org.uk/philosophy/
As a collective, we offer mutual reliance and support for each other’s
projects by sharing the knowledge and resources we have acquired. Through
our projects <http://radicaloa.disruptivemedia.org.uk/current-projects/>we
also aim to provide advice, support and encouragement to academics and
other not-for-profit entities interested in setting up their own publishing
initiatives. The current website contains a Directory <
http://radicaloa.disruptivemedia.org.uk/directory/>of academic-led presses,
which showcases the breadth and rich diversity in scholar-led presses
currently operating in an international context and across numerous fields,
and an Information Portal <http://radicaloa.disruptiveme
dia.org.uk/resources/>with links to resources on funding opportunities for
open access books, open source publishing tools, guidelines on editing
standards, ethical publishing and diversity in publishing, and OA
literature useful to not-for-profit publishing endeavours. We will be
further developing this into a toolkit for open access publishing in order
to encourage and support others to start their own publishing projects.

If you run a scholar-led OA publishing initiative or are interested in
starting your own, we encourage you to join the Radical OA mailing list <
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RADICALOPENACCESS>and get
involved with the discussion!

Please do get in touch if you would like further information on the project
or would like your scholar-led publishing project to be involved.

Gary

(On behalf of The Radical Open Access Collective)