[ciência aberta]Publishers seek removal of millions of papers from ResearchGate

Katia Cuba katiacccuba em gmail.com
Domingo Outubro 15 20:08:59 UTC 2017

Na forma de escrita colaborativa,  recebi do IREX esta semana:
Open- data e internet livre:

(Why) is it important for open-data practitioners and internet-freedom advocates to articulate and embrace their shared priorities and interests?
Many of the goals of these movements overlap, and since there is strength in numbers they may have a greater impact. There are times when these two movements come into conflict - often times around issues of privacy. Identifying these up front would beneficial to both groups. —Daniel O’Maley
Similar to what Dan already said - there's power in collective action. If both groups can come together and fight/demand for shared priority areas, the higher the likelihood governments/the public will listen. —Maiko Nakagaki
What challenges do open-data practitioners and internet-freedom advocates share?
Both movements encounter difficulties in terms of getting governments to do more than just provide lip service to their goals. They both need to develop broad-based political support from populations. This entails communicating clearly what the social benefits to society are from Internet freedom and open data policies. —Daniel O’Maley
How is internet freedom an enabler or ally for open-data efforts?
Internet freedom enables open data efforts because an open Internet allows data to circulate in ways that are not restricted by governments and/or proprietary standards. Open data is particularly useful when it can be shared and analysed cross-nationally. Attempts to restrict Internet freedom also have the impact of making it harder to collect open data and to share it. —Daniel O’Maley
What literature exists at the intersection of open data and internet freedom?
Excellent question. I would love to see these resources once they are collected. Also, my organization, the Center for International Media Assistance (CIMA), would be very interested in partnering on research along these lines if someone has a clear idea of type of research would strengthen these efforts. We are particularly interested in how both Internet freedom and open data improve the overall media ecosystem so that citizens have access to high-quality info. —Daniel O’Maley
How can open data support internet freedom and internet governance? What specific examples come to mind?

Sent from my iPad