[ciência aberta] Fwd: [ecrea] Conference CfP: "MZES Open Social Science Conference 2019"

Bia Martins bia.martins em gmail.com
Quinta Junho 21 13:03:58 UTC 2018

Repassando.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carpentier Nico <nico.carpentier em vub.ac.be>
Date: Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 7:29 PM
Subject: [ecrea] Conference CfP: "MZES Open Social Science Conference 2019"
To: ecrea <ecrea em listserv.vub.ac.be>

***CfP: MZES Open Social Science Conference 2019: Practicing New Standards
in Transparency and Reproducibility, University of Mannheim, Germany, 25-27
January 2019, submission deadlines: 27 July 2018 & 22 August 2018***

Dear fellow communication scholars,

Please feel invited to come to the MZES Open Social Science Conference
2019: Practicing New Standards in Transparency and Reproducibility, a
conference designed to serve as a forum for practicing and discussing
credibility, transparency, and replicability in the social sciences,
explicitly including communication scholarship.

If you are interested in ways of making (y)our work more open and, thus,
better, join us!

About a decade ago, John Ioannidis claimed that “most published research
findings are false”. While seeming outrageous at the time, a growing body
of meta-science research in the behavioral and social sciences
substantiated this claim, causing uncertainty about the trustworthiness of
published scientific findings. We believe that threats to the validity of
published findings in the social sciences are widespread and systemic.
Therefore, this conference promotes introspection about the current state
of social science research and exchange on the opportunities for
institutional and methodological improvement in the future.

The conference is supported by the Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in
the Social Sciences (BITSS) and will take place from 25-27 January 2019 in
Mannheim, Germany. In collaboration with BITSS, we will offer an Open
Science Workshop on the last day of the conference to build attendees
practical open science skills.

Keynote speakers:
Jeremy Freese (Stanford University)
Thomas König (APSR, University of Mannheim)
Arthur Lupia (OSF, University of Michigan)
Julia Rohrer (100% CI, Leipzig University)

Participate in the conference:
• Give a talk: We call for researchers to advance discussion, debate,
literature synthesis, or methods in open social science. We welcome
methodological advances, e.g., p-curve analysis, systematic reviews,
pre-analysis planning, and replication. We welcome general research
findings that apply best practices of open science while conducting the
research - Abstract submission DL: 22 August 2018 Read more
• MZES-GESIS Pre-Registration Challenge: We call for researchers to
participate in a competition to win funding or survey time for the most
innovative and rigorous pre-registration plan for a social science study. -
Abstract submission DL: 22 August 2018
• OSSC19 Crowdsourced Replication Initiative: We call for researchers to
replicate and expand a previously published cross-national
macro-comparative study. The goal is to explore and develop crowdsourcing
methods and generate research surpassing what a single researcher could
achieve. The replication comes from the field of immigration and social
policy, but we encourage social science researchers of all disciplines and
levels to participate. All full participants will be co-authors on the
final paper. - Registration DL: 27 July 2018
• Participate as a guest in Mannheim during the conference or during the
subsequent Open Science Workshop, offered in collaboration with the
Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences (BITSS). Or use
the live stream online.

Organizing Committee:
Nate Breznau (MZES, University of Mannheim)
Eike Mark Rinke (MZES, University of Mannheim)
Alexander Wuttke (MZES, University of Mannheim)

Conference website: http://www.open-socsci.org/
Twitter: @opensocsci
#ossc19 <https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/ossc19?source=feed_text>